Special Update: If you are a union member who participates in certain Union Plus programs and have been impacted by the 2019 Federal Government shutdown, you may be eligible for financial assistance through the Union Plus Furlough Grant Program.
Union Plus Credit Card:
- $300 Furlough Grant For eligible Union Plus Credit Cardholders[ii] who are furloughed or excepted due to the federal government shutdown.
- Must be a Union Plus Credit Cardholder for at least 3 months and in good standing on the date the federal shutdown began.
- Apply for a one-time grant at //unionplus.org/hardship.
- Capital One’s customer assistance program offers a number of options that could help customers whose income is disrupted as a result of the federal government shutdown and can help provide personalized assistance to those in need. For help, cardholders should contact: 1-800-622-2580.
Union Plus Mortgage:
- Mortgage Assistance Loan & $300 Grant: for eligible Union Plus mortgage holders who are out of work or asked to work without pay due to an involuntary furlough that lasts for at least 15 consecutive calendar days.
- Must be a Union Plus Mortgage holder for at least 12 months and in good standing at time of the qualifying event.
- Your income must be reduced by an amount equal to at least 50% of the monthly mortgage payment.
- Interest-free loan to cover up to 6 months of mortgage payments and a $300 grant paid directly to the member
- Apply for grant at unionplus.org/hardship
- Wells Fargo is offering assistance on case-by-case basis: members may qualify for forbearance or other payment assistance programs based on their individual circumstances. For help, members should contact: 1-888-818-9147 Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Central Time Saturday, 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Central Time
- Money Management International offers a FREE consumer credit counseling session, budget analysis, and money management advice to members. Call 1-877-833-1745
- Webinar: When the Income Decreases but the Bills Don’t: Financial Help During and After Furlough
- Discuss a 4-step process to assist in managing finances during and after a furlough includes tips for working with creditors and creating a priority-based spending plan.
- Friday January 11, 2019 at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time (the Webinar will be recorded and posted for those unable to make the live sessions)
- Sign up to attend at 11:00 a.m.:https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1241787728920080899
- Sign up to attend at 3pm:https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6098712119341521155
Union Plus Life and Accident Insurance:
- Policyholders qualify for a payment grace period. Call 1-800-393-0864.
Union Plus Personal Loan:
- First National Bank of Omaha is offering assistance on a case-by-case basis: members may qualify for fee waivers or other payment assistance programs based on their individual circumstances. For help, members should contact 1-888-283-5228 Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Central Time and Saturday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Central Time.
Union Plus Auto & Home Insurance
- For those not receiving a paycheck from the federal government as a result of the current shutdown, MetLife Auto & Home may grant a one-time, 30-day grace period on your payment of premium on a MetLife Auto & Home policy. Members must request this one-time allowance by calling 1-800-GET-MET8. Certain restrictions apply, and premium remains due after delay expires
Union Plus Life and Accident Insurance
- The Hartford will offer qualified policyholders a payment grace period. For additional information, call 1-800-393-0864.
 Certain restrictions, limitations and qualifications apply to these grants. Additional information and eligibility criteria can be obtained at https://www.unionplus.org/hardship-help/hardship-help-financial-assistance.
[ii] The Union Plus Credit Cards are issued by Capital One, N.A. pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated.