Metal Trades Representatives are engaging with employers to ensure that they are providing bargaining unit members with comprehensive safety and prevention measures to defend against being afflicted from the COVD-19 Coronavirus.
Please urge all council and bargaining unit members to protect themselves by practicing common sense precautions, such as washing hands, staying at home when ill and listening to federal and local health authorities. If any Metal Trade’s worker has been exposed to COVID-19 or are experiencing symptoms, please contact the department immediately.
Attached in this communication are two guides that you may use to educate and advise bargaining unit members in their effort to combat against the possible contamination and effects of the global pandemic now facing our nation.
If you have any questions regarding this communication, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
James Hart, President
- COVID-19 Employer Guidance
- Department of Defense Weather and Safety Leave Guidance
- Workplace Guidance
- NAVFAC COVID-19 Guidance
- NAVSEA COVID-19 Guidance
- White House Guidelines
- Congressional Legislation and Calls to Action
- HAMMER_Restart_Input_for_Metal_Trades_Official_Newsletter_HNF-65256 Rev 1
- 4.29.20 Congressional Fed Employee - Govt Contractor Legislative Memo
- RLT letter to Scalia.4.28.20 (1)